23 Jan WHERE TO EAT IN MILAN NEAR PORTA VENEZIA
Our list of the best places to eat in the Porta Venezia area
A quick lunch and then back in office: yeah, but where? A&B offices in Via Finocchiaro Aprile are located near Porta Venezia, a prestigious but rather expensive district, since it is one of Milan’s shopping areas, especially along Corso Buenos Aires.
As already done for our offices in Via Dogana, we want to suggest you our places in this area: sharing these recommendations with you, just arrived in our business center, means making you feel at home and showing the carefulness that distinguishes us.
Here is a list of the safe havens for a quick lunch, an end-of-day cocktail or a more relaxing meal in the Porta Venezia area. We are sure they will not disappoint you.
For a dine and dash lunch:
- Tramé: the real Venetian tramezzino sandwiches, with their peculiar smiling curved form that proves the rich filling. You can consume them in Via Vittor Pisani or take them away; the amazing thing is you can also order them online and easily wait for the delivery in your office. Ah, we almost forgot: this place is perfect for an aperitif, as they master the art of Spritz.
- Spontini: it is a famous pizza chain. It is halfway between the usual pizza restaurant and the fast food, with the certainty of a standard quality. You can sit down in large rooms and sometimes also in dehors, enjoying a tasty slice of pizza. In this area you can even find two: the nearest one in Piazza Duca d’Aosta and the other one in a side street of Corso Buenos Aires.
- Panino Giusto: a Milanese sandwich’s bar – the first one opened in Corso Garibaldi in 1979 – which stands out for the high quality of its ingredients and for the mastery in the preparation of sandwiches, exported all over the world by now. The nearest bar is in Piazza Duca d’Aosta, but if you want to match food and shopping you can go to the other one in Via Marcello Malpighi.
For when you have more time:
- Piazza della Repubblica Restaurant: very close to our offices, this restaurant offers a contemporary cuisine, where the best food raw materials create traditional Italian dishes. In addition to the inevitable selection of typical Milanese dishes, the menu offers meat and fish courses, which vary according to the seasonality: a place where your clients will feel comfortable.
- Bjork: halfway between a boutique and a restaurant, Bjork Swedish Brasserie reveals the Swedish culture through design and fine food. Open all day long, from lunch to aperitif and dinner, you can sit at tables or on stools around the counter, peeking at the chef.
- Onu Sushi Experience: in Milan, sushi does not mean only all you can eat. In this Japanese restaurant, just a few steps from the business center, you will also find à la carte menus with high quality courses.
And then, we cannot not mention the famous patisserie Pavé. Even if it is not exactly a place where you can have lunch, we cannot forget it: it is perfect for a longer break or for a meeting with a client, savoring a coffee and a scrumptious croissant.