1 – What is the definition of “cookies”?
“Cookie” is a text file that can be stored in a dedicated space on the device’s hard disk used by the user (e.g. computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when he visits the online service of A&B Services through his browser, and may be subject to the user’s consent. The cookie allows to identify the device in which the cookie is stored for the entire period of validity or registration of the cookie.
However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Below is more information about cookies and how to manage the settings related to them.
2 – Types of cookies used
By connecting to our Site, apart from the user’s consent, various cookies may be installed on the user’s device, in order to recognise the device used by the user for the duration of the validity period of cookies.
• compile statistics, monitor traffic volumes and measure the use of the various sections of the Site (e.g. titles and content visited, click streams), in order to improve the efficiency and usability of A&B Services;
• calculate the total number of advertisements displayed in the advertising spaces, identify them and the number of their views, identify the number of users who click on each of them, and, where possible, subsequent actions carried out by users on these pages in order to calculate the compensation due to commercial partners (e.g. communication and advertising agencies, websites, etc.), for statistical analysis;
• customize the presentation of the Site to the display settings of the user’s device (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during his visit, based on hardware, software, video software of that device;
• customize advertising spaces for user’s device display settings (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.), based on hardware, software, video software of that device;
• where the user has provided personal data, including contact details, and has chosen to accept cookies at the time of registration or access to services, the navigation data acquired through cookies may be linked to the personal data of the user, in order to send advertising materials, or to show personalized advertising on the user’s device in the advertising spaces that use our cookies. These are advertising messages are specifically intended for the user and which may be of personal interest of it;
• store the information contained in the forms completed on the Site and the information related to certain products or services selected through the Site (e.g. services to which the user has subscribed, contents of the cart, etc.);
• allow access to private and personalized areas, e.g. l’account, based on username, password and other data that the user has previously given to A&B Services;
• implement security measures (for example, which allow you to recognize the user registered on subsequent visits over a certain period of time, by requesting to log-in again).
3 – Cookies related to the integration of third-party applications
A&B Services may include third-party software applications on the Site, which allow the user to share the content of the Site with other users or to inform other users about the visit or the opinion regarding such content. It’s the case, in particular, of the buttons“Share” and“like” on social networks (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.). The social networks that provide these buttons could use them to identify the user, even if the user has not clicked them during the visit to the Site.
4 – Choices regarding cookies
There are several ways to manage cookies.
4.1 – Options available through the browser
(a) Acceptance of cookies
(b) Refusal of cookies
(c) How to make choices in the browser
Each browser offers different ways to manage cookies and their settings. The browser configuration is described in the menu “Help” (Help) of the toolbar located in most browsers, where information is provided on how to change cookies settings.
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies;
“Flash” cookies using “Adobe Flash Player”™
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is a’application that allows quick viewing of dynamic content using the computer language “Flash”. This and other similar applications store settings, preferences and usage data through a technology similar to cookies. However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages this information through a different interface than that provided by the user’s browser.
In case the user’s device displays content developed with Flash technology, please access the Flash cookie management tool directly from the Adobe website http://www.adobe.com.
5 – Sharing terminal usage with other people
If the user’s device is used by more than one person or if the same device has more than one browser, it is not possible to be certain that the services and advertisements appearing on the user’s device correspond to the use of the device in question by the user or by others. If this is the case, sharing your device with others and configuring browser settings for cookies is the user’s choice and will be the latter’s responsibility.